Wednesday, May 22, 2013

From the Top Down

It can be cold in Spain.  It can also be very hot.  I'm going at a time of year where I will most likely experience a little of both.   Sunscreen and a hat are highly recommended.

I look good in a hat but because I've worn my hair short for nearly 30 years, wearing a hat has two drawbacks.  

First, I look like a cancer patient when I have a hat on because my hair is so short.

Second, when the hat comes off, I have tee-pee hair.

Neither of these are issues are dear to me...so what to do?  I have to wear a hat...especially on the meseta.   There is little shade on the meseta and I will have to protect my head and face.

My solution was to just grow my hair out.   Since 1986, I've loved having short hair and never intended to grow it out again.  Never.

In May 2012, I had my last haircut.  Surprisingly enough, I love my hair longer and may not wear it short ever again.   If not for planning my Camino walk, I may never have experienced long hair again.

The Camino is working its charms on me already.

Buen Camino!




No comments:

Post a Comment