Sunday, May 19, 2013

Decisions, Decisions.

There are so many things to figure out, understand and decide when planning a Camino walk. Since I have not yet walked it, I don't have the gift of hindsight. All I know is what I've learned and what I've done so far.

There is such an overwhelming amount of information available. This is both good and bad. Good in that most anything I need to know, someone has answered the question somewhere. Seek and ye shall find!

The bad part of this is that it's easy to get caught up and bogged down in information. At some point, is it information overload?

I believe so. At some point, a person needs to stop reading and start doing. I am at that point.

I am sure there are still things I will learn between now and October 1st but at this point, I need to start getting my body in shape. I am not now nor have I ever been athletic. This is not an athletic trip for me. This is a journey of spirituality.

But, even though it's a spiritual trip, my body still needs to be able to take it. Day after day, walk walk walk. This will be an undertaking that my body will have to endure...and I need to be sure that I've done what I can to help it be ready.

So, for now, I'm edging back on research. I have two Camino books here but am not reading them. I am, however, studying a book on Spanish and will be taking a Spanish Immersion class next month. Other than learning Spanish and getting in the habit of walking miles and miles each day, I think I've done enough research. 

I've got my backpack, my boots, my trekking poles; there are only a few other items I will need.

What I need most is to be able to walk 5 - 10 miles a day. No more research. It time to walk. And, God willing, I will be ready for it.

 Buen Camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment