Sunday, September 1, 2013

Conquering My Fears....And There Are Plenty To Conquer!

Planning a walk on the Camino is overwhelming.  There is so much to learn, so much I need to know, and so much that I need to figure out.   Things like:
- Can my body handle five weeks of walking?
- How can I survive with only the few things I'll be carrying in my backpack?
- Where will I sleep?
- I don't speak Spanish.
- Can I really be gone from home for five or six weeks?
- What if I get lost?
- What if I get hurt?
- What if something happens at home?


Of all of these questions and fears, only the first two continue to be question marks in my mind.
I don't know if my body can handle it.    From what I know of my body, it will be very difficult.  Being on my feet for a few hours has ill effects on my lower back and sciatica.   This is my greatest concern.

I tend to overpack wherever I go, so to limit myself to 10 pounds of stuff will be a challenge, but I know I must.   I will trust that what I need will be provided.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment